Re: matching revs

In case anyone cares, Dana Loomis helped me figure out a way to heel and toe
on my 1987 Spider without modifying the car at all.  It's admittedly a bit
strange, but I offer it in case anyone else might want to try it:

When I brake, I put my foot WAY up on the brake pedal (so it's almost my
heel that's sitting on the pedal pad) and pretty far over to the right, sort
of hanging off the pedal pad.  The resulting foot position allows me to roll
my foot way over and catch the throttle with my ankle (no kidding - pretty
far up the ankle, too).  It actually works pretty well.  The only tiny
problem I have with it is that I don't seem to have the sensitivity when
braking with my heel that I have when I brake with the ball of my foot, so
braking is a little harder to modulate smoothly.  At the absolute limit of
adhesion, I have a feeling it would get a little hairy right now...  But I'm
confident that's just because it's a new way to do things, and it will come
with time.

Hope it helps someone else with big feet out there...

Cheers!
Paul Misencik
P. Roman Media
Huntersville, NC  28078