105 clutch lever removal

I am trying to pull the engine out of my  67 GT Junior, with floor mounted
pedal box.  Everything is apart, but I found that the transmission is hitting
the lever that comes off the pedal box and connects to the cable that
disengages the clutch.

It seems that the solution is to remove the lever from the shaft in the pedal
box.  (The shop manual seems pretty accurate, but does not mention this??)  I
can't figure out how to get it apart.  There is a bolt and a nut that are in
the right place to engage a flat on the shaft.  Problem is that I removed the
nut and the bolt wont come out when I pound it as hard as I dare.  The "bolt"
has a round head, so it cant be removed with a wrench.  Tapping the lever in
both directions, in case the "bolt" is jammed against the flat on the shaft
also seems to have no effect.

Does anyone know how to get this apart?

Thanks,
John Basel