RE: More Info On Twin Spark Engines

> Can anyone comment knowledgeably on wheel or flywheel HP of the 75 TS 2
> liter vs. oh, say, a 1974 Spica 2 liter?

Dead stock 2 litre TS had about 110 kW, or about 146 hp at the flywheel, depending on country of delivery.  I think it was quoted up near 115 kW in Europe, but 110kW in Australia.  Can't remember torque figures off-hand, but good strong mid-range from two valves and two plugs, particularly compared with four valve engines of the time also producing 110-115kW.

There's the potential for significantly more development than could be done with an earlier single spark 2 litre: better valve angle; better breathing head; better designed combustion chamber, particularly for hi-comp pistons.  Potentially flame pattern from twin plugs gives a good clean burn.  Tulip shaped valves, though, which aren't the optimum shape for flow, and they are heavier than the valves in an older 2 litre.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Anthony
.