Re: Milano T/A oil leak

There is an annoying but not major oil-leak from behind the brake disc on the Milano (75) transaxle. On a parts diagram I see a seal on the stub-axle that goes inside the T/A. Is this seal easy to replace? Is this the usual source of the leak? No instructions or insight in the workshop manual Are there any tricks special tools for doing the job ?
tia

Ralph,

I think this is a fairly big job.  I just paid to have it done on my GTV6, being without a lift.  I had the rear calipers and  rotorsreplaced at the same time (you have to remove them anyway).  The labor cost on the job came to $780.  There is a seal retainer ring that needs to be heated to 375 degrees F and then pressed on to the shaft and held there till it cools.  Car Disk shows the procedure under "overhaul of differential unit."

John