Re: Salvage Title

Having worked in life insurance and Medicaid over a decade as a systems
analyst, I had to learn the business, so I thought I'd throw in my .02
lira's worth.

Good luck on getting insurance.  *MOST* car insurance companies will only
allow liability coverage (after all, it's already been "killed" once.)  Some
insurance companies won't carry at all.

And as far as why the owner is "surprised" Carfax is showing a salvaged
title: some states will issue new, non-salvage titles based upon a visual
inspection, mechanic appraisal, or even for no reason at all.  A few years
back, there was a news article on car dealerships "washing" titles by
registering in these state, then bringing the car back to their state to
sell.  I've forgotten which states do this, unfortunately.  The car may have
been trashed before the current owner bought it.

As the others on the list have said, this might make a fun track or parts
car, but there are many other Milanos out there at good prices.  Even in
Arkansas!  (I just bought one a week ago!)  I'm (in)famous for
bottom-feeding, but even I'd bypass this one.

Howard K. Warren, Sherwood, AR
1995 BMW 318ti, "WhiteHawk", 74k miles
1985 Alfa Spider, "CODA", 140k miles
1985 Alfa Spider, someday will have a name, 101k miles
1988 Alfa Milano, gotta name the GTV6 first, 113k miles