Re: An ABS heat shield?

Michael P wrote:
Has anybody ever made a heat shield to protect the ABS pump/system in the
Milano?  If some else has already made an effective solution/design, I like
to avoid reinventing the wheel...
Giovanni has made some... he has mention of them on his website (but I don't think it's been updated in almost 3 years.)
http://www.alfa75-milano.20m.com/whats_new.html

When I installed my CSC headers, they started cooking my ABS system. For a short term fix I wrapped the ABS pump and bomb with foil backed adhesive foam duct insulation (Frost King). I used the same stuff to replace the sagging hood insulation. According to an FAA buddy, it's the same stuff that's sold as lightweight sound insulation. It looks just like the dynamat hood insulation product.

Anyway, it worked surprisingly well and only took about 10 minutes. When I add a sheet metal brake to my collection of tools, I'll probably bend up an aluminum shield to augment it, but for now it's fine.

I'm also either going to wrap, or have my headers jet-hot coated. Man, do they pump out the heat.

--Mark