RE: WANTED : Alfa Stories

Here is one of my many stories:

So, it's my first week on a new job, and I take another manager out to
lunch and hope to make a good impression.  He asks to ride in my GTV6
and I proudly comply.  I take him for a little burst of speed and a wild
ride off a Highway exit when I notice that he appears to be stinkin' a
little funny. Without saying anything, I calmly open the sunroof a bit.
This added ventilation changes things drastically.  Smoke, in large
amounts, starts coming up through the speaker grids on the rear deck and
I realize that smell wasn't my coworker.  I pull the car to a stop on
the shoulder of the road the end of the exit ramp.  I open the back
hatch to find the trunk engulfed in flames.  I am a little preoccupied
to notice that I'm the only one who knew where the inside door handles
were located.  I pull any flaming debris from the trunk that I can, but
the carpet that surrounds the gas tank is on fire, and that requires a
quick fix or I might not be very happy.  With the help of a passing
motorist who handed me an extinguisher, I spray the car full of the
disgusting white powder.  As the smoke clears, and my coworker gets a
bit of the extinguisher spray from his eyes, he finds the door handle
and exits the car.  This would be okay except I had stopped where there
was a rather steep embankment right next to his side which he promptly
fell down.  I determined that the fire was caused by the theft of the
power amp from the trunk and some live wires that were left to arc
anytime they wanted.  This didn't help my coworker or his attitude
toward me or Alfa Romeos.

Fred Russell