Re: Headlight Retrofit

I replaced the hi/lo outer lamps on my 83 GTV6 with "Xenon-Charged"  sealed
beam conversion kit from these people.  They improved my lighting
dramatically, I would even drive at night again...using the US spec halogen
sealed beam it was almost like no light at all.   Lens unit is made in India,
but looks pretty good, with a flat face and much improved light distribution
and cut off.  Lamp also has a socket for the euro "city" light.  Price is for
2 lens housings and 2 of their xenon-charged H4 bulbs.  Bulbs even use the
stock plugs.  Took a bit of fiddling to install in the stock GTV6 headlight
bucket, but took about an hour to do both....mostly the first one.  To use
the city light you have to modify the bucket using a dremel or similar to cut
away some interfering metal.  Not too difficult.  Just tap them into the side
marker lights.  If you are a purist you probably will not like them, but for
$59 USD I thought they were a bargain and work fine compared to the US spec
lamps.

I had already replaced the inner hi beams with Hella lamps running a 100W H1
that comes on with the high beams.

<A HREF="http://www.eurolights.com/";>http://www.eurolights.com/</A>

Jerry in Houston