Rebuilding an automatic Milano transmission

Hi all!  A few years ago I asked this question, but I've lost the email.

I just purchased a Milano Gold w/ automatic tranny.  It has a problem: when
cold, the transmission slips in first gear.  Once at normal operating temp,
the problem goes away.  I suspect this is the beginning of a downhill slide
for the transmission.

What ZF model is this?  And does anybody know of a rebuilding shop in the US
for this transmission?  I would prefer to rebuild, rather than buy an
unknown used transmission.  No local transmission shop will touch it because
it's an Alfa.

Thanks!

Howard K. Warren, Sherwood, AR
1995 BMW 318ti, "WhiteHawk", 74k miles
1985 Alfa Spider, "CODA", 140k miles
1985 Alfa GTV-6, still no name, 101k miles
1988 Alfa Milano, one day old (to me) 113k miles