Re: Pulling liners, engine in car

Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:23:53 -0500
From: Ferdinando Di Matteo <aroctech@domain.elided>
Subject: Pulling  liners, engine in car

>How can that be done without pulling the engine and crankshaft?  Fred<

If I am changing pistons and liners and not trying to save either, I just grab
the liner on each side with a couple pairs of vise grips, rotate the
crankshaft and let the piston push the vise grips and liner up to me.
If you want to save the parts, add some padding between the vise grips and the
liners and between the vise grips and the piston.
If someone wanted to get real inventive, they could manufacture a thermos
bottle type expandable plug for the piston to push on.
Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk Va