Re: Xenon headlights

What sort of xenon light uses 35W? That sounds like HID. I have xenon bulbs (55W like any other) in the H4 lamps in my GTV6, and I don't think they were worth the extra $2 per bulb, or whatever it was. The HID retrofit setups are certainly intriguing, and at ~$600, they cost a third less than they did when they came out a couple years ago.

As far as saving your headlight switch goes, you can run whatever crazy lights you want, and switch them with a relay that is switched by the headlight switch--the relay only consumes ~5W of power.

--On Wednesday, December 25, 2002 5:44 PM +0000 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:59:29 -0600
From: Warp <WarpOMatic@domain.elided>
Subject: Xenon Headlights

      Now that my GTV6 is back on the road I'd like to improve on the
lighting. In searching the web, it looks like the new xenon lights may
be the ticket to better night vision. I don't want to melt down my
light switch though. The lights only seem to use 35 W. Anyone
know anything about these jewels, esp on an Alfa?
         Thanks,
      Mark Manley