re: warped rotors

>red before we get there, brakes can heat the rotors rd hot and at the
>light we hold the brake on so the pads press the rotor put of shape a
>little each time that takes place. Pretty soon th warp becomes
>noticeable, then annoying.  Then either reface or replace.  This is the
>case with automatic cars mostly on the road. In hilly country a stop on
>a hill requires brake pressure on manuals too.Raced manual transmission
>cars rarely keep the brakes on after stopping  unless he's so scared he
>soils his pants.   You don't have to agree but I know this is so.  Fred
>Di Matteo in Flat Southwest Florid

I agree with Fred, and to dig a little deeper into the problem, wouldnt this
problem be more apt to happen with cheaper pads that wear unevenly? like if
the outer pad in the caliper wears faster and the inner pad ends up pushing
more on the rotor when that red-hot condition occurs. I would check wheel
bearings and rotor for any slack and also replace pads with known good brand
when replacing or truing the warped rotors, maybe that will help keep the
warps from reoccurring? Maybe its also possible that a caliper piston on one
side is sticking in the bore (GM cars are known for this) thus causing the
side push from one pad. Just some things to ponder....and please excuse if
I'm way off base... :)

Keith S.
73 Alfa spider
88 Dodge Daytona shelby Z