Re: Cylinder O-rings

Mr. Hertzman replied spot on to my query concerning cylindar o-rings. He identified the o-rings as those between the liner and the block. He also provided p/ns and assurances that the availability of a credit card and the internet should produce replacement o-rings in a reasonable way. Thank you, Mr. Hertzman, as usual, your response was accurate, easily understood, and thorough.

Some others also identified the o-rings correctly and advised replacments were a part of the standard engine rebuild gasket kit. As I had not yet removed the shrink wrap from my gasket kit, I was unaware of them being there. A quick check reveals that it's true, they *are* in the gasket kit!

Then there were those who thought I was asking about the oil passage o-rings and roll pins. Not this time, I wasn't, but thank you for the info, nonetheless. I will put a plug in for John Norman's pins and o-rings, they're top notch! (No interest, etc.)

Many thanks to those who responded and provided the fabulous info. The Alfetta engine may be in reassembly soon, it would be nice to hear the sound of that 2L again.

Tom
Seattle
10123
11615