Engine studs

I posted the message below to the list last week and didn't receive so
much as an "I have no freakin idea, Noto" so I'm wondering if it made
it.

Apologies if this is a repost.......but surely someone out there has
some ideas...........

TJ

So what is the common philosophy with the studs in 1600cc engine blocks?
Since they are constantly bathed in coolant they are of course going to
corrode.  Previous experience with big 6 cylinder engines from England
(not mentioning any names) dictate that new/replacement studs are often
a wise investment during a rebuild.  The last thing you want is to have
studs stretching when you go to torque the head.

Are Alfa studs known for this?  Is replacing them recommended or not?
Are stainless studs available if so?

Anyone had any experience with this?

TJ in Northern California
"who has just now had non-generator generated power for the first time
this weekend".

TJ Noto		AFM #134  	Cowpoke Racing-"Friends in Slow Places"
http://www.cowpokeracing.com
95 Ducati 916 Strada
96 Ducati Monster 900 (Chela's)
61 Ducati Falcone 80
70 Norton Commando Fastback
73 BMW 3.0 CS ("deviated from museum reliquary standard"-Perez)
97 BMW Z3 (Chela's)
77 Mercedes 280C (Mimosa)
67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
00 Ford F150 Supercab