Suggestions for honing cylinders?

I'm going to reuse the pistons and liners on my 1750 rebuild, and I'll be using a set of NOS Borgo rings. I am ready to hone the cylinder walls just enough to break the glaze and to provide an appropriate seating surface for the new rings.

I already have an old fashioned kind cylinder hone, which has three stones that are about 4" long and 3/8" wide and are mounted on spring loaded arms. You drive this contraption with an electric drill, run it up and down the cylinder at a speed to get an appropriate hash mark on the cylinder walls. How does this tool compare to the newer(?) type of cylinder hone that has steel balls on the ends of wires and looks like a bottle brush and is also operated by an electric drill?

If the newer type has a clear advantage I might consider purchasing a new tool. But if it doesn't matter, I just use the old tool. Any one have experience with both types of honing tool that can provide an assessment? Any tips for rehoning/preparing my 1750 liner set?

THanks, //kct, Powell, TN