'69 Spider w/ 2 liter engine

Thank you again Russ Neely and Thomas Moll for your exhaust comments. I
somewhat figure the situation is somewhat of a no brainer (no offense,
the comment is aimed at myself) since there are a lot of 2 liters in
especially '69 Spiders.

(I also appreciated Russ' run-down of the differences between late
Series Ones and Series Twos).

I do remember ordering both a 1750 Spider exhaust and a Series One
Spider exhaust within not too many months of each other. Believe they
both came from IAP. Not having the best memory, but vaguely recall the
only visual difference was the rear exhaust section was shorter and
turned down on the 73's exhaust, and longer and straight back for the
'69.

At the time it didn't occur to me to check the center section and each
fit their respective car very nicely.

What I'm trying to head off is returning a complete exhaust system
(shipping + re-stocking fee + possibility of damage).

Should any of the Digest's parts supplier's be following this gripping
thread care to comment, along with a friendly bid, you have my email
address. I'd want the rear section to have the small muffler, rather
than straight through.

Unlike Russ Nealy, I dread heating and bending new stuff to make it fit,
if for no other reason I anally paint all exhaust systems black before
installing. Why do they come painted with (apparently) silver lacquer?
Bottoms (of cars) are black unless it's a cast aluminum piece. Bottoms
should be clean and not seen (just like rug-rats).

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA