spider exhaust manifolds. -Mig weld them

Many years ago when I was in high school metal shop we learned to weld cast
iron with a cast iron welding rod much like standard gas welding of steel.
The cast iron didn't glow red it just puddle. When finished you would have a
weld with a bead slightly higher then the original metal. We would then have
to take them to the press and try to break the weld joint, if done correctly
the joint would not break.

Cordova Ralph.