Miss in distributor

Anyone explain this to me?
I have been chasing a "miss" in the engine of my Super. Replaced everything I
could think of, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, checked for air leaks etc. Driving
me nuts it was trying to chase this one down. The car would miss in the mid
range 3-4,000 rpm in any gear.

I pulled the distributor and rebuilt it but not having any parts I put back
the original parts and condensor. The distributor worked fine..but the miss
was still there.

So I found in storage a spare JF4 distributor using the single points and
installed that. The miss is gone!

Could it be a bad condensor that would cause this? If so how does that happen?

Christopher Boles
Veloce Register
http://www.veloceregister.net