Rubber bungs in the floorpan

Greeting,

The PO of my Spider had the floorpans replaced - a good job was done welding the new ones in and thoroughly sealing the underside.

But I notice the floorpans have small (+-4mm) round holes in them - I'm assuming drainholes.  At the moment these are open - but I seem to recall that these should have some sort of rubber bung inserted into them to prevent water splashing from the road up into the cabin (under the carpet).

So - what should I do with these holes - keep them open for drainage or seal them off - and if the latter - what do I seal them with?

Thanks,
Jonathan
'72 Spider Junior