re: Removing Spider (105) bushings

Jon,
	I've pressed the fore and aft suspension bushings from my Spider and
GTV using a 5" bench vise.  I did have to use my patented 3' extension
(3' of iron pipe) to achieve these results.  Of course, a hydraulic
press would be much nicer than a bench vise.

	You need a bit of clearance between the jaws to accomodate all the bits
that you use.  I wonder if any of the arbor presses will have the
appropriate clearances.  I can get around 5" - 6" on my bench vise and
some times that isn't enough depending on the length of the 1/2" drive
sockets I use as drifts.

	Once my 'storage' shed (16' x 14') is finished, I'm getting a 12 ton
HF&S hydraulic press to put in there just for these occasions.  Might
not get used to often but will be greatly appreciated when it is.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider