Re: Bob's fiberglass and Spider bumpers

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
>Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:22:55 -0600
From: Tony Martie <tony@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Bob's fiberglass and Spider bumpers

O.K., now I am really interested in some 'glass bumpers.
Bob Wright sez "Give me one to copy, and I'll make it out of
fibreglass."  Well I don't want to copy the ugly 'merican safety bumper.
What I would like to know is what do the Euro version rear bumpers on
the late 70's-early 80's cars look like?  Surely they had nicer,
slimmer bumpers than the US versions?  Did they keep using the chrome
ones or?
???
Tony Martie
78 Spider
http://tmpd.net
<
We kept the chromes ones, the same as you had until about '73 (i.e not the
sticky-out type!), until 1981 in most of Europe, although of course here in
the UK official imports stopped in 1978.  I'm sure that fibreglass replicas
of the chrome bumpers could be made, but I'm not sure how nice they'd look
compared to the originals.  I know that Bob Wright does a fibreglass
version of the Bertone bumpers.

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company
Swansea, U.K.