Bob's fiberglass and Spider bumpers

Message text written by Tony Martie
>Chris (and others),
On the subject of fiberglass, do you know if Bob or anyone else does
Spider bumpers?  The late safety bumpers over here in the US are
becoming a real problem.  The metal piece underneath rusts from trapped
moisture until the rubber covering splits.  These bumpers were
unattractive to begin with (especially the rear), but now a large
percentage of them are turning truly butt-ugly.
<
Bob Wright is currently making a batch of the later (82-89) Spider bumpers
(which I should have in stock soon), but I think these lend themselves
rather better to production in fibreglass than the type you require, which
are a sort of hard rubbery material on a steel frame, and very strong and
heavy.  I've just spoken to Bob, and the answer was what I was expecting:
"Give me one to copy, and I'll make it out of fibreglass."  Don't expect
them to withstand 5mph impacts though!

Bob Wright now has a website:  www.wrightrestorations.co.uk

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company