Re: Bob's fiberglass and Spider bumpers

I am in search of replacement bumpers for my 79 Spider too.  The current
original ones are falling apart and are butt ugly.  If any has a source
for NOS or fiber glass I would be very interested.  Or if anyone is
parting out a late 70's Spider with a decent set of bumpers I would be
interested in that too.  Southern California area preferred since I think
shipping these would cost considerably more that what used bumpers are
worth.

Peter

Los Angeles,

79 Spider

88 Milano

>Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:39:24 -0600 >From: Tony Martie >Subject: Bob's
fiberglass and Spider bumpers > >Original message: >This would be Bob
Wright. He's still around, and still building >fibreglass >GTVs out of
rusty metal ones. The purists hate them, but if it means >that >a car
survives that would not otherwise, I'm all for it! > >Chris Sweetapple
>Highwood Motor Company > > >Chris (and others), >On the subject of
fiberglass, do you know if Bob or anyone else does >Spider bumpers? The
late safety bumpers over here in the US are >becoming a real problem. The
metal piece underneath rusts from trapped >moisture until the rubber
covering splits. These bumpers were >unattractive to begin with
(especially the rear), but now a large >percentage of them are turning
truly butt-ugly. > >Sure I would love to have a set of the earlier chrome
models on my car >but used are very hard to find in good condition and
the repros >(imports?) are beyond what I am willing to spend on bumpers.
> >If nobody is making these, someone with the necessary tools may want
to >consider it. I think there is a market. >I'd buy a set for my '78. At
the right price of course. > > >Tony Martie >78 Spider (splitting bumpers
on both ends) >http://tmpd.net >