RE: 7 inch Halogen headlights - Auto store vs. Hella

I put the Visiosn plus in my Jeep Cherokee and the Hella E's in my Spider.

Both were huge improvements over the stock sealed beams.

I like the look of the flat E's for the Spider.  I also prefer the beam
pattern.  The rise in the beam on the right side is noticeable and helps
light up the fog line and street signs on un-lit roads.

Other than the brightness and the option for "ultra_white" bulbs, the other
noticeable improvement was the eveness of the beam pattern.  Now, instead of
two light spots with some darkeness in between, the entire road is  bathed
in a nice even light.