Re: Sealing Doors

Scott,

I have no experience with Spider door innards but plenty with Alfettas, 75s,
and non-alfas.

As mentioned by someone else, use marine varnish or floor sealer/urethane
laquer on the back of the door trim itself. This can slightly reduce sound
absorbtion, but in a spider you'll never be able to tell !!

I use silicone (non acetic) or windscreen sealer to hold the plastic sheet
in place.

Take note of the shape of the inner door metal stamping.   At the factory
the bead of 'glue' or 'putty' which holds the plastic is shaped/formed to
direct water into drain holes in the vertical section of the metal.   It's a
bit hard to describe but you need to look thru the plastic sheet when it is
offered up to the door and attempt to run the bead of silicone so any water
will run down and into the inner door cavity.   Avoid any U shaped areas
where water will sit.   Also run inverted U shaped beads of silicone over
the top of any breaks in the plastic.  IE over the winder and door handle.

I just trace the desired path with a pencil and then once I am satisfied I
run the silicon and attach the sheet.  Wait until it drys and the trim
excess sheet.

Beatle
Oz