Re: CD player in GTV6

I've had DIN mount CD players in GTV6 and Alfetta GTVs - plenty of room,
never had a problem with it skipping.  Any new model should work just fine,
I've used Panasonic x 3 and Aiwa x 2 in various Alfas without any
installation (DIN is a real tight fit in a spider) or skipping problems and
basically bought bottom of the line units in case they were stolen.  I've got
an Aiwa in my 75 spider with 10 disc changer in the trunk.  Car has Konis on
stiffest setting and Centerline springs - it is pretty stiff and quite low.
I can count on one hand the number of times CD player has skipped in the past
year.  It takes tooth chipping bump to make CD skip, even when I thump the
sump guard hard it rarely skips.  CD players have come a long way in the past
10 years with regards to shock resistance.  If you by from Crutchfield, and
it skips, return it and get another until you find one you like - they will
even pay the return postage!

Ben Higgins