Re: Washington salt alert! Your rocker panels may be next!

At 9:16 PM 12/4/02, Tony Sims wrote:

>Rusty car owners of the northwest unite -- the below notice from the Senior
>Six list (BMW Bavaria owners) on Washington state's intention to start
>testing salt for snow and ice control!

Colorado has already done this. The salt makes winter drving FAR _more_
treacherous , for a number of reasons !!

So far, the best way to fight the idiots (which appear mostly to be
bureaucrats imported from the northeast) is with the facts that the salt
has a terrible effect on the flora and the fishies. Not to mention the
quantity of fauna who congregate on the shoulders of the road and in the
bar ditches to lick the salt.

One of the tricks the idiots use is to NEVER use the word "SALT" !! There
were even some DOT employee oriented "education" sessions where the
"powers" that be tried to tell the trops that magnesium chloride is NOT
salt, SALT is what you put on your food !! Clearly, the use of the word
IDIOT for these DOT people is MORE than justified !

Another aspect, more relevant in CO (or anywhere that ag fields are
irrigated) than in the NW is that the salt use on roads ultimately kills
the ag fields---it's an obvious process situation--some to most of the salt
winds up in the streams and rivers, some of the water from the streams and
rivers gets diverted onto the fields, and leaves most of its salt load
behind. After (a number of) years, there WILL be too much salt left on the
soil in the fields for anything to grow!!

These facts need to be POUNDED into the heads of the Greenies and Sierra
Clubbers, on a very public basis, as there is a not so subtle willingness
among them to go along with salt use--it seems that they believe it is an
effective way to get more old (more polluting, in their stunted little
brains) cars off of the roads !!

Here consideration of a ballot initiative for a Constitutional_AMENDMENT_
making it a felony for ANYONE , public, private, entity or natural person,
to spread ANY FORM of soluble halide on any public Right of Way is gaining
serious consideration as a way to begin to control the idiots--extreme,
yes, but it is likely about the only way to permanently control these fools
on this issue (short of mass executions).

Greg (for now avoiding the temptation to compare these DOT bureaucrats to
the gun-grabbers !)