Re: alfa-digest V9 #90 - chain tightening

       I am not Fred, but I will tell you why I roll the car in gear to check
cam timing and such.  I do have sockets to fit the crankshaft pulleyy on all
Alfas.  However, you often cannot get a socket wrench on the crank pulley due
to the fan, shroud etc.  Even if you can get a wrench on the crank, it is
just faster to roll the car in gear.  If you have to turn it one complete
revolution, that will be several strokes on the socket handle.  It is about
two feet of rolling.

       Most domestic automobiles have automatic transmissions.  You cannot
bump start them or otherwise turn the engine with the rear wheels.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City