1750 Rebuild

Since I'm in the middle of building my 2000 GTV motor right now, I can
comment on the costs involved.  But first be aware that "rebuilding" a motor
means very different things to different people.  Rings, bearings and a valve
job should cost a small percentage of the $4200 you were quoted.  But I would
agree with the person who commented that it's not bad if a thorough and
complete rebuild is to be done.  Make sure you get a statement of exactly
what is included in the quoted price.

Here's a quick run down on some of the prices:

$321      Piston/Liner set
$  90     Bearings, thrust washers and bushings
$  50     Timing chains
$ 125     Oil Pump
$ 140     Valves, guides, seals
$  80     Gasket Set
$100      Grind valves, surface head

As you can see you can get a grand in parts and machine work really quickly
without even grinding the crank or line honing the block.

Erik Wood
'56 Giulietta Spider
'74 GTV