Re: sprockets-chain

Dear Anthony, I think I know exactly what is wrong. The wedge is not in its proper position so the bolt is contacting he spring only which lets the chain go slack in seconds.
Here is what to do. Remove the ignition key just to make sure the engine is not accidentally started. Pull the adjuster bolt out. with a mirror and light look inside to see if he wedge is in place or just the spring showing. Also look at he bolt end to see if the tit is still there. Let me know what you find and we'll go on from there. You may as well pull the cam cover off because you will have to get in there when I give you the cure. Fred