RE: sprockets-chain

Thanks to all who replied to my timing chain queries.

Fred, I'd like to take you up on your offer -- how do I tell whether my chains are worn too much?  I've been assuming they are because I can't adjust the rattle out of them.  I've made several attempts at adjusting, and it improves temporarily before the rattle returns.  Also had my local Alfa shop do it once, as I thought I couldn't be getting it right.  Their job also worked temporarily, but then the rattle returned.

I have complete receipts for the car for the last fifteen years.  I know the upper timing chain was replaced as part of a full engine rebuild 50k miles ago (at only 75k miles).  This doesn't seem like a long time for a timing chain, but I'm unsure what else to do.  I was planning to replace the tensioner spring as well.

Kind regards,
Anthony.
.