prospective owner

Hello everyone,

I just joined the list last night and am looking for a Spider to restore. Any advice on what to buy would be greatly appreciated. I have found a cheap ($1500 neg) 79 spider 2000 with front end damage. I did see some good panel pricing around the net for these so I think it would be financially viable to go this route. Also, I wanted to stay with the SPICA setup but basically make it a "hybrid" Spider, taking off all the annoying emissions stuff, basically bringing it up to 74ish spec maybe a little better than 74 factory...hopefully swapping bumpers and seats. I'm sure you guys know how to setup these engines right.

Is this the right route to go? Should I pick this spider up for 1000-1500...it's claimed to have 45k miles but we all know how trustworthy that sounds. It will need a new LH fender and a new front clip bodywise...

thank you in advance for all the help --

regards,

Tom
1989 Turbo Trans Am #718