Re: rounded allen-head socket

Actually I don'thave much trouble with this -- I find that pounding a bit
into the socket often makes it seat more fully, and turn.  But then if it
doesn't, the same pounding will eventually deform either screw or hole
threads enough for the fastener to come free.

If you really get flustered, pound a slightly large Torx/star/three-square
bit in and turn that...

r.m.bies