Paint chips

Yeah, I know, I generally (try to) sound like the paint expert, but
since it's a slow news day thought I'd throw out an ongoing problem.
When touching up largish chips and sanding with 2000 I get a dark ring
around the chipped area. Not acceptable.

I just asked a DuPont automotive paint distributor online (for $5.95) to
see what they think. (I either get an answer or my money back). Thought
I'd throw it out to you experts.

They also offer (DuPont) paint color formulas for the same amount. As an
example they use 'should you be looking for a specific color formula for
an older Corvette...'.

http://www.dupontautomotivepaint.com/

I've had this same trouble with (single stage) paints using other
brands.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA