Re: 164 In-tank Fuel Line

In a message dated 11/28/2002 3:59:55 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> From: "Terry Johnston" <terryjohnston@domain.elided>
> Subject: 164 In-tank Fuel Line
>
> I've been have hard starting and hesitation (feels like fuel starvation).
> have read on the 164 web site about the cloth covered line in the fuel
> tank.
> I have the pump out of the car and the only cloth covered line I see is
> about
> an inch and a half long.  Is this the line in question?

There should be two of them, as I remember, but those are the ones.  My
mechanic swore they looked fine until he blew some compressed air through
them and they lleaked like a seive.  Changed them out and fixed the hard
starting, etc,,,,,

Jerry in Houston