Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:31:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: alfaBB.com spam??
> PS: I'm not using this e-mail as a way to further their publicity stunt,
> though it may have that side-effect.

i'm not sure what i think at this point in time. if it's a not-for-profit
venture, then it's merely a slightly annoying effort to balkanize the
online alfa community. there's not much that can be done about something
like that except go "tisk, tisk".

if there's an actual business model behind it, and an intent to make money
then it's an impermissible commercial advertisement, and i'm very ticked
off. the situation is directly addressed at
/email-policy.html, and the terms stated there imply
that they now owe me $14000 plus or minus. the legal standing of this
notice is unclear, though, and somehow i doubt i'll collect. sigh.

i don't know which it is yet.

richard
- --

Michael S. Keith