RE: 164S maintenance vs. Milano maintenance

Don't have enough experience with either car to give you good, specific
information, but I did look at both very carefully in my search for an
inexpensive daily driver.  Here are some of my observations.

Before I bought my Milano, I looked real hard at a 164S because that was
what I thought I wanted.  Other than the trunk, I didn't actually find it to
be that much more roomy than a Milano.  It's a bit wider for sure, but I was
unimpressed by the leg & head room.  I found the driving position quite
awkward.  Even the trunk, although bigger than the Milano's, did not impress
me.  The trunk in a '98 VW Jetta I used to own was bigger than the 164's
trunk.  Basically, it struck me as being substantially larger than a Milano
without actually being that much roomier.  I don't mean to knock the car;
those are just my observations & some of the reasons why I ended up buying a
non-sunroof Milano.

When I was researching 164's, this site provided a lot of useful info.
/alfa/FAQ/164/bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi

Also, I'm not sure exactly how nice of a 164S you're looking for, but I
thought I'd recommend that you take a look at the car I probably would have
bought had I decided to go with a 164.  I'm not sure if it's still
available.
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=110053289&dealer_id=
&make=ALFA&distance=any&max_price=4501&model=ALFA164&advcd_on=n&end_year=199
1&min_price=4499&certified=n&address=77017&search_type=used&advanced=n&start
_year=1991&color=&car_year=1991

All of the following information in regard to this car was provided by the
owner.  I never actually saw the car in person as it is located a long
distance away from me.  Other than a few minor cosmetic flaws, it's in very
nice shape.  No rust or accidents, two owner car with a clean CarFax, & it
seems like he's taken good care of it.  It was a TX car until the current
owner bought it about three years ago.  He's in southern CO.  If I would
have bought the car, we would have actually met in Albuquerque, NM.  The
owner provided additional pictures, but I've already deleted them.

Good luck,

Michael Keith
Houston, TX
'87 Milano Gold