Re: spica vs webers

At 10:49 AM 11/26/02, Ben Ament wrote:
>I thought that this thread was over and done with! Greg and I have had an
>off-list e-mail or two about this, as well. And I still agree with Lawrence.
>
>Greg, answer this one question. If carbs are better, in general, and Webers
>the best of the carbs, then why oh why does Ferrari and everyone else
>(except the France family followers) bother even bother with FI on race
>cars?

You don't seem to be listening to what I have been saying.

Carbs are NOT generally better.

GOOD, IR  carbs, such as Webers, have advantages over MOST EFI in SOME areas.

The WWF of racing (France et al) does use spec carbs, and, trust me, there
are SOME advantages even to what THEY use.

The pro-stock drag guys also use carbys, and do so, in fact, because they
run QUICKER that way.

If you don't understand the advantages of superior fuel atomization and of
putting the fuel into the air stream in finely atomized form IN TIME with
high velocity air flow in the port as opposed to pouring it into the port
in relatively large droplets when the air may or may not be moving, this
isn't really the place to go into that.

Rather handsome tuition gets charged for courses that go into that level of
detail on IC engines !

Greg