Cowpoke Racing Website

Re: Broken links: Easy to slip up there. I generally do a fair amount of
testing of the links on my Alfa Oriented Web Site before uploading new
pages.

If you're not aware of it, and I must assume this works for 'even'
Windows users, is have both your list of web pages open along with your
browser. Click but don't release on one of your new page's URL's and
move it over to the browser and release. Voila! There is your new page
(possibly warts and all). Make notes and fix any problems.

True...this won't help you with links since I'm assuming the Alfa pages
you will be linking to have not been uploaded yet.

While I'd love to say I invented it, I'm sure my system is quite common.
I print out every Alfa page after I feel it is completed (it rarely is,
so don't feel bad), then using Post-It notes I write down the html of
that page and all of the jpgs and gifs on it.

I have to assume Front Page is somewhat similar to PageMill 3.0 which I
use. Before uploading, simply hold your cursor over one of the links
(don't click) and at the bottom it should give the URL of that link.
Pull out that page with your Post-It on it and verify that IS where you
want to send people. Real easy to get off just a bit causing a link to
not link.

Personally I feel doing your own website is similar to restoring a car
(or motorcycle). So often you Are Absolutely Sure You Have Done
Everything Perfectly Correct only to find...that is not the case.

Hang in there,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Visited your site. Went to your links page. There was an icon for a jpeg
with a question mark over it. I've seen lots and lots of 'broken' jpeg
icons, but don't recall one with a question mark.