Re: FIAT cam belt design

C M Smith wrote:

Unfortunately, the designers of the 164 V6
(actually the Alfa 6 V6) also forgot about serviceability of this
component and made the whole thing ridiculously expensive.
Is it really so difficult? I'm in the process of doing the timing belt on my 164S now. It's going particularly well. With some practice, I think I could do it in under 3 hours. I certainly can do the Verde's belt in less than that. Access to the timing belt is extremely good. Nothing like the knuckle-scraping swear-fest I endured changing the belt on my Acura Legend.

The only thing slowing me down, is that my 164S is the nicest car I've ever owned. I'm being extremely anal retentive in my approach to maintainence.

--Mark