Re:spica vs webers

I'm a bit behind in my digests so I apologize for my late input...

There was a lot of talk about carbs or specifically Webers atomizing
fuel better than fuel injectors.  I believe this to be absolutely
untrue.  Carburetors, including Webers, are jetted for a specific target
setting like drivability, fuel economy, high rev performance, etc.
Operation outside of this target band is going to be compromised.  A
Weber may give great atomization at a particular engine load point, but
I cannot believe that this would be true across the board.  EFI
(electronic fuel injection) systems if set up properly will operate
across a much wider rev/air velocity range.  This idea can be extended
to drivability as well.  While Webers can be set up for good
drivability, a well set up EFI setup will allow for the same or more
likely better tractability.  Carbs are no longer used by major
manufacturers because they don't offer the same precision and tuning
granularity as EFI.  A car with a well tuned Weber setup will run better
than a poorly tuned EFI car, but that isn't a meaningful comparison.

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV

Lawrence Gowin