re: alfa 156 jacking and oil changes

Thanks to Tim and others for input on jacking a 156, and perhaps
spiders.  The book gives the jacking points, which is fine for
changing a wheel, but the task of a service requires that the car
be held more firmly, on jack stands.  The solution I took was to
lift it from the LHS "frame" just beside the front jacking point,
and then stick the stand under the jacking point itself.  Whilst
this left the car at a severe angle, it allowed me to get all the
clips undone on the under tray, and I believe that most oil would
have drained out when I pulled the plug.

A few points for those still with us. What is the go with using 3
(three!) different fixings for that tray, 2 bolts, 2 allen head
bolts, and 5 aircraft spline bolts.

The sump requires an 8mm allen key to remove the plug, and we now
all know doesn't need to be tighter than 15ft/lbs.  The oil
filter is the small type, so my standard filter remover now has
a piece of hose jamned inside.

There are additional service questions.
1.  The dealer tells me that they "inspect" the air filter at
services. Anyone want to comment on a useful air filter service
interval?
2.  What about the pollen filter for the air conditioning? Anyone
got a change interval on these?
3.  From what I know about fool injection, there shouldn't be
anything to do except keep the injectors clean (choose your
brand of injector cleaner, and go off-topic!)

So, if any one has any input about service of a 156, I'm keen to
hear it and share.

Cheers,
david.
BTW,  AFAIK, in Australia they can't refuse warranty just because

the car has been serviced at a non-alfa place.