Revived MG's

>>I don't want to digress or go too far OT, but while watching the BTCC on
SPEED tonight I wondered who/how MG was resurrected.  I think we all know
the
BMW/Mini story.  There was an MG on the pole for this race at Silverstone,
and I know they had/will have a LeMans entry.  MG seems to be making a
comeback with a performance image.  Who owns MG these days?<<

Hi

MG was part of the BMW / Rover disaster. BMW basically paid someone
to take Rover and MG away, keeping Mini and also Land Rover (which
they sold shortly afterwards to Ford).

MG Rover now has just the factory near Birmingham, which means that
unlike most other car companies they are running close to at capacity,
and are approaching profitability

As to cars MG Rover build the 25 (small hatchback) 45 (rebadged Honda
Civic), 75 (large saloon / estate) and the MGF (2 seater mid engined
sports car). They also own the Italian Qvale Mangusta operation, with that
car to be relaunched as an MG.

As to who owns MG Rover, they are independent. They have recently
entered into a technology sharing agreement with a Chinese car
maker. Think one of the other possibilities for this kind of agrement
with MG Rover was Fiat

All the best

Keith