Revived MG's

BMW for a while owned the Rover group, which included Land Rover, Rover cars,
Mini, MG, and Austin Healy.  They sold Land Rover to Ford, and had to pay a venture
capital firm by the name of Alchemy Brothers to take Rover, MG and the "old" Mini,
while retaining "new" Mini, the modernized plant to build them in and the rights to market
Austin Healys sometime in the future.  What was left of the Rover group was renamed the
MG Car Company, but I believe the engines in those cars are produced by BMW at the
Cowley plant that they retained.  So essentially they are an independant car company
for now, even though I believe the current MG-F was designed while they were owned by
BMW, and has many german car bits in it.  I'm sure the venture capital group is just waiting
for the company to turn a profit, so they can sell it to the highest bidder.

I don't want to digress or go too far OT, but while watching the BTCC on
SPEED tonight I wondered who/how MG was resurrected.  I think we all know the
BMW/Mini story.  There was an MG on the pole for this race at Silverstone,
and I know they had/will have a LeMans entry.  MG seems to be making a
comeback with a performance image.  Who owns MG these days?

Jerry in Houston