<tic> Big Wheels (Keep on Turning) -- Gotta be old to know that one

<Tony wrote:  Yes, I am the one that started this whole silly thing when
I asked if anybody knew what kind of 17" wheels were those on that
Spider for sale in the UK.  I suppose I should have known that such an
outrageous
question would evolve into discussions of tire patch physics and
sweeping stereotypes of how a person must be and act, not to mention the
size their muffler must be all because of a suggested desire to possibly
increase the size of their wheels by 2 inches!?  Of course, I must have
skateboards and body piercings?  Somebody out there is showing their
age.  And I always thought Alfa owners were young at heart.  I guess
that was my own silly-sweeping-inaccurate-stereotype.>

I'm writing:  It's not age we're showing, Tony, but you seem to be
revealing a defensive quality.  Grow some thicker skin or you're going
to be Digestibled quick.  I guess us oldsters -- those 35-plus -- need
to start using some shorthand so the young people nowadays know when
we're trying to have fun.  Something like <tic> for "tongue in cheek"
might work (see subject line).

Tony, if you want to put big, honkin' wheels on your spider, do it.
Just know that, to some of us, it might turn out to be like pink
flamingos in the yard.  In composition, the parts of a whole have to
work, and the Italian artists envisioned what they envisioned, which
surely was not a GT3000.  Having appreciation for good design, a sense
of historical significance and an eye for proportionality has nothing to
do with stereotypes.  But, I guess, having a bent for experimentation is
good, too, so you go, Tone!

BTW, some of my best friends are tattoo victims and go to piercings
anonymous meetings.  Hey, Tony:  <tic>!  See here now, young fellow,
lighten up!

Doug
(Got just the place for a tattoo of a camshaft; pierced my hand with a
screwdriver once)
(Formerly Uptight) Richmond, Virginia

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]