Re: alfa-digest V9 #60

Question for the gang,
I've been reading most of the posts about water in the gearbox but I must
have missed out how it got in there in the first place... Was the car in a
flood? Anyway, I would be very careful about using any solvents inside a
gearbox. If any were to be left the resulting metal to metal contact could be
catastrophic in just a matter of seconds. If there really is that much water
the only sure way to clean it out would be to remove and disassemble the
gearbox.
Thomas Gonnella