Re: Spider jump-starting

--- David Partridge <David_Partridge@domain.elided> wrote:
> Glenn,
> There's no reason you can't use "any" car to
> jumpstart "any other car".
> just do it with the ignition of the donor car off so
> you don't stress the
> alternator. Unless there is something unusual (Boy
> this foot tastes good!)
> about an Alfa electrical system.
Listers,
     My 1977 Spider is bullit proof in the electric
dept. I am surprised every time electrons go anywhere
in its' demented wiring harness.(g>
     However, my 2001 Ford 250 Diesel is another
matter..This truck has more computer in it than the
one I run in my office. The manual says many
frightening things about jumping another car. Most of
it makes me think that I will not jumpstart Anything
with it..ie:..a surge will turn off the computer,
requiring a Ford man to re program it in order to
drive the truck..serious stuff..
  So, be aware that "newer" cars and trucks may have
limitations when it comes to jumpstarting stuff.
Howard
1977 kamm back Spider
http://webhosting.yahoo.com