who you callin' paranoid?

In a message dated 11/18/2002 11:04:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Throughout the entire season thus far broadcast by "The NASCAR Channel"
> the announcers have made NO secret of the fact that they are anti-Alfa
> Romeo. I don't know exactly why. Some of the other comments made were
> things like "Well, this result is something that NOBODY likes to see:
> Alfa Romeo first and second again." Or "The only people who could
> possibly be happy with this finish are Alfa-holics."

By nature I am not really a paranoid type, but I didn't fall off the turnip
truck on Tuesday, either.

If I were a well-known German marque with a rather sterling reputation that
I'd been dining out on for years, I would certainly not be above, in the
rough and tumble of business life, slipping a healthy little vigorish to
those who could polish that reputation in its dimmer hours, or even add some
extra patina by bashing the serious competition, which is known to be totally
out to lunch when it comes to protecting or enhancing its own image.

Just a speculation!  Please, no lawsuits!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA