Looking for a Milano 2.5 rear end

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to have to give my 88 Milano 3.0 a new clutch soon. Since I've got to start taking things apart back there I figured that I might as well try to do something that will liven up my acceleration a bit. I've heard that the 2.5 litre Milano rear end has a shorter final drive ratio and that I should be able to install it on my car. Any one ever done something like this before?

I feel that the gearing is really much too tall for the type of driving I do (Living in L.A. w/few opportunities for long open road cruising). I'd be only interested in one that is in decent shape and with an LSD. If anyone knows of one that is looing for a new home please let me know.

Oh and also does anyone know of a place that might be able to lighten up the gears in the tranny. I've heard that this makes life on the synchros easier.

Thanks, Derek