RE: Newbie checks out GTV - Documents findings...

Hi Jim,

Overall, from the pictures, it looks like a veely nice car.

The plate in the engine bay is the type designation, but I can't get it
to match. As far as I can see it says 105.03 which is a Spider 1600
Duetto (1966-1967). Or if it says 115.03 it is a Euro spec GT 1600
Junior (mid-seventies).
The front grille and the dash says 1971 1750.

If it is a US spec car it should have a plate riveted to the LH side
doorjamb, but someone probably forgot to put it on there after
painting...

If you have the VIN# starting with AR, send it to me and I can look it
up in Fusi (THE Alfa Romeo bible)

Inside doorpanels are available from various sources, probably no longer
OEM, but mostly sewn after the original patterns. Price is moderate (I
paid $150 for a set for my Spider a few years back)

The paintcode should be on a sticker inside the trunklid..... should
be.... It looks like a AR514 red which is the original color for a mid
seventies Spider. The GTV should be AR501 red (IMHO) I am sure you know
how much a paint job is.

If there's no rust, I'd get it, if of course it suits your wallet

Good luck

Henrik Johansen